Kolgansbaai is situated in the Danger Point peninsula which boasts the natural beauty of milkwood, rare fynbos (Ruschua), west facing beaches and open reserves. This is an area of contrast: unspoiled beaches, floral reserves, forests, rocky inlets etc.
The sea and coastal environment lends itself to living spaces being sculptured by the natural environment’s design guides: ocean breezes, sun decks, filtered light, verandas, viewing corridors- all encapsulated into a private courtyard and living spaces.
BPAS Architects’s objectives for the village are to:
• Preserve, as far as possible, the current natural beauty
• Preserve views from individual erven by careful placement of buildings
• Ensure co-ordinated and harmonious architecture and landscape with the minimum of environmental impact.
• Enhance the investment value of the scheme.
• Protect owners of established properties from unsightly architecture.